Or, alternatively, "where I've been the last two months".
So, recently life took a turn towards "too busy to even think about checking my messages". I'm not complaining, since it's mostly been pretty great stuff that's been keeping me busy, but that still means I've had less time to keep up with everyone here and on the internet in general. Since I'm assuming the next month or two will be similar, if any mutuals would like to share information to contact me on facebook, instagram, snapchat, or whatever, just shoot me a note!
Alright, so here's the general gist of what I've been up to recently/am planning to do:
- Back in February, I went to a wearable arts show in which my piece was entered. All the other entries were absolutely phenominal, and so I was absolutely shocked that the piece won 1st in the student category. Luckily, that means I have a little more money for my trip this summer, which is really appreciated.
- This Saturday, I'm leaving to Scotland for 2 weeks. This means I won't be making any art or checking my messages, oops. I'm going to be playing field hockey and hiking there, so I'm anticipating it should be a lot of fun. I'm not looking forward to the long flight, though...
- I'm super stoked to be attending the Calgary Comic Expo in April! I know a few people who will be selling their art there, but this year I'm just planning on maybe cosplaying and just taking in the whole show. (: Maybe in a few years I'll have enough art to sell, which would be really, really cool.
- For my independent art project (which I'll be working on for the next few months), I've decided to look at the technological evolution and the burden of technology today through editorial design. I've never had such a big chunk of time dedicated to studying typography and graphic design, so I'm absolutely ecstatic to begin working and discover some of the challenges and rewards of this type of art. Soooo, yeah, this should be a lot of fun, but a lot of work. If anyone knows any good resources or tutorials I could use for advice or inspiration, please don't hesitate to share them with me!
EXAMS & UNIVERSITY
- Ughhhhh I have exams coming up in May and June, and I'm really not looking forward to them. Some of my courses this year have been extremely challenging and I'm already feeling really stressed out about the whole ordeal. Hopefully I can kind of relax so April and May will be somewhat bearable, but I'm not really expecting that to happen. Wish me luck!
- In terms of university, I still have to decide where I'm going! So far, I've gotten into my top choice in the UK (although I can't go since it's waaaay too expensive), and I just have to hear back from a couple more schools in Canada. I honestly can't believe I'm going to be in chemical engineering next year.
And, just to finish things off, here are a few snapshots of a few pieces I have worked on recently.
Until next time, and with lots of love,